Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Health insurers have come up with the idea of the century. I have come up with the idea of the century. My idea will make your company the richest in the world while attracting millions of new patrons to your credit and debit card services.
2. 10 tips from 10 years sick. Ten years ago this summer, my husband and I flew from California to Paris, planning to immerse ourselves in Parisian culture for three weeks. The second day there, I got sick with what appeared to be an acute viral infection.
3. Medical students spending time in a nursing home as a patient. Every summer, a handful of medical students spends two weeks in a nursing home as a patient.
4. The secret to better patient care is time. Lets face it — the system of primary care medicine in the United States is broken. Even in Boston, the mecca of medicine, patients struggle hard to find an accessible doctor.
5. The effect of therapeutic touch is based on pure chance. Even the non-touch of an individual believed by a sick person to be a healer can heal.