Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Physicians disgrace the University of Wisconsin with fake doctor notes. Politics should never be allowed to dictate medical decision making, and these physicians should have known better.
2. Medical students should not be liable for malpractice. Leave medical students alone, and exempt them from medical malpractice lawsuits.
3. How to improve doctor patient communication. When I was a medical student on my first clinical rotation, obstetrics, I was criticized for not using enough medical jargon when I spoke to the patients.
4. Why Watson makes board certification exams obsolete in medicine. Watson will ensure that decision aids and vast medical knowledge will be readily available at doctors’ fingertips.
5. How powerful a few words can be in the exam room. Recently, I was reminded of the power of wellness. From the other side. And it came wrapped up in sound. Five words, to be precise.