Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. What this doctor learned when he was a patient. I would have to advise that you hit the road when paired with doctors incapable of communicating—especially if your doctor will need to manage your problem longer than a 2 hour surgery.
2. Think about mindfulness when seeing a new patient. I had a “wow” experience recently when I accompanied my wife to interview a new doctor for her.
3. Female doctors and the physician shortage. Someone has gone and rained the facts down on what is generally considered a feel–good story in American medicine, the dramatic increase in female doctors in America.
4. Will a healthy lifestyle prevent illness? I am utterly sick of the myth that living a healthy lifestyle will prevent illness.
5. How can doctors understand the business side of medicine? One thing I regret is not taking advantage of the Masters degree in Health Administration program at my medical school.