Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Female physicians make less money than male doctors, here’s why. By spending more time with patients, female physicians are financially penalized by seeing less patients during the day.
2. Pelvic exam by a medical student for the first time. They say you never forget your first “real” patient. Mine was a woman who didn’t need a pelvic exam, but who got one anyway.
3. Teenage patients are answering medical questions on Yahoo! Answers. Doctors debate whether patients Googling symptoms is a good thing or a bad thing.
4. Kernels of humor in a tragic cancer story. Happily, there’s no such thing as political correctness on the cancer wards.
5. Love is the secret ingredient to health. What is the ROI on love?