KevinMD.com shares the stories and insight of the many who intersect with our health care system, but are rarely heard from.
Thousands of authors contribute to KevinMD.com: front-line primary care doctors, surgeons, specialist physicians, nurses, medical students, policy experts. And of course, patients, who need the medical profession to hear their voices.
Founded in 2004 by Kevin Pho, MD, KevinMD.com is regularly cited in major media:
- The Wall Street Journal: “A punchy, prolific blog that chronicles America’s often dysfunctional health care system through the prism of a primary care provider.”
- The New York Times: “A highly coveted publishing place for doctors and patients.”
- Medical Marketing and Media: “If there was such a thing as a social media A-list for physicians, Dr. Kevin Pho would be on it.”
- CNN named @KevinMD as one of its five recommended health care Twitter feeds.
- Forbes: “A must-read blog.”
- KevinMD.com was named the web’s top social media influencer in health care and medicine.
Thank you for visiting KevinMD.com, social media’s leading physician voice.
About Kevin Pho, MD, founder and editor
Kevin is a practicing, board-certified internal medicine physician, a national media commentator, co-author of the book, Establishing, Managing, and Protecting Your Online Reputation: A Social Media Guide for Physicians and Medical Practices, and an acclaimed keynote speaker.
He is the founder and editor of KevinMD.com, where he also conceives and executes digital strategy, and directs technology infrastructure. It now receives over 3 million monthly page views, and exceeds 250,000 followers on Facebook and Twitter.
Transforming his social media presence into a mainstream media voice, he has been interviewed on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric:
His commentary regularly appears in USA Today, where he is a member of its editorial Board of Contributors, as well as CNN and the New York Times. His opinion pieces highlight the challenges everyday doctors face, ranging from the primary care shortage to the epidemic of physician burnout.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, CHEST, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Florida Medical Association, Kansas Medical Society, Kentucky Medical Association, Massachusetts Medical Society, Ohio State Medical Association, Tennessee Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, and Washington State Medical Association
- American Medical Writers Association, HealtheVoices, Planetree International Conference
Kevin understands the nuanced issues that clinicians face when they manage their online reputations, expand into the social media space, or prepare a high-stakes keynote speech. He shares his extensive experience through personalized, 1-on-1 coaching.
Kevin received his medical degree at Boston University School of Medicine and practices primary care in Nashua, New Hampshire. He was a member of the New Hampshire Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty, an inductee to the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame, and named a top doctor in the state by New Hampshire Magazine.