Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Catherine Zeta-Jones blames doctors for Michael Douglas’ throat cancer. Why is Catherine Zeta-Jones so mad? It’s a facetious question. Her husband, Michael Douglas, was recently diagnosed with throat cancer he described at “stage 4.”
2. The day that medicine broke her and destroyed her innocence. I was a third-year medical student in the first week of my obstetrics rotation. The obstetrics program was known to be high-pressure, its residents among the best.
3. Doctors should work weekends, and how reformers alienate physicians. Peter Orszag wants doctors to work weekends.
4. Why drug companies lavish doctors and how they price their drugs. My own education in pharmaceutical marketing began during my second year of residency at Massachusetts General Hospital. Suddenly, I noticed that Paxil bagels began appearing everywhere.
5. Children who are difficult may not be simply toxic. As a pediatrician I have listened to many parents speak of their child in very negative terms.