Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. EMTALA and why this emergency physician is against it. American medicine will die or be reborn in the next ten years.
2. Specialist and primary care pay per hour. Authors of a recent study from the Archives of Internal Medicine are unlikely to endear themselves to specialists.
3. A cartoon guide to heart murmurs. Ever wonder what the 6 grades of heart murmurs really means?
4. How an antidepressant can hurt your patient. Patients want a quick fix. Society wants patients to have a quick fix, so that they can quickly return to their usual performance at work and home.
5. Medical resident superstition and black clouds. I am covering night float for the private hospital. This week however, has been nothing less than hell.