Here are the top posts from this past month, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Advice for a second year medical student. A rising second year medical student read some of my posts and wrote me a kind note asking if I would write something for students.
2. Is healthcare is a right? A balanced opinion. Chris Mathews had Ron Paul on his show, Hardball, earlier this year to discuss Social Security and the new health care bill.
3. Let Grandma go with dignity, and a family’s inability to do so. Tonight I refused a hospital consult. Why would I do that?
4. How a tyranny of health is bad for both patients and physicians. Something happened to the public perception of health and medicine in the 1970s. People began to adopt — and financial interests and the media began to profit from – “healthy lifestyles.”
5. How drug reps increase drug sales by influencing physicians. It may be hard for people to imagine that drug reps can get us to prescribe a particular drug by simply giving us a meal or being nice to us.