From MedPage Today:
- Psoriasis Often Goes Untreated. As many as 30% of patients with severe psoriasis received no treatment, and many others received only topical therapy.
- Breastfeeding Baby May Delay Breast Cancer. Breastfeeding for a longer period of time might have helped protect women from breast cancer, although the effect didn’t appear to overcome the higher risk for women who smoked.
- Fluoroquinolones Linked to Hypo-, Hyperglycemia. Fluoroquinolone antibiotics are associated with an increased risk of blood glucose swings in diabetic patients.
- Vulvodynia is not associated with oral contraceptives: new study. Unless other evidence arises, women and their providers should not be concerned that vulvodynia is associated with contraceptive pills.
- Gupta Gets Positive On Weed. Now before people get on my case about being a hardass or why not just let them have it or weed never kills anyone and on and on, let me remind you of the next debacle that will occur once you open these flood gates.
- How Social Media and Digital Health Technologies Will Redefine Death and Dying. It is my hope that social media and digital and mobile technologies serve to help us improve the quality of our dying and death as well as our lives.