From MedPage Today:
- Data Promising for Next-Gen Inhaled Insulin. Two late-stage trials in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes have shown benefits for the latest incarnation of rapid-acting inhaled insulin (Afrezza) over insulin and oral diabetes drugs.
- Byetta May Help in Type 1 Diabetes, Too. The GLP-1 agonist exenatide (Byetta), used in type 2 diabetes, may have metabolic effects on patients with type 1 disease.
- Mom’s Weight May Mean Early Death for Offspring. The children of obese women died earlier and had more heart problems later in life themselves.
- Low-Tech Tool Safely Cuts Kids’ Ankle X-Rays. With the aid of a clinical decision-making tool, use of x-rays to evaluate pediatric ankle injuries decreased significantly without evidence of harm.
- We don’t have the best health care system in the world. But we could. Every once in a while, I’m forced to engage the health care system in a more personal way. Yesterday was one of those days.
- Baby Monitor Hacked. Preventable? When I heard the news of an innocent child’s room getting infiltrated by a digital stranger, I was worried. Disgusted. Disturbed.