I’d like to thank various media outlets for recently citing KevinMD.com.
1. Damage control on physician-rating sites. Medical Economics.
Kevin Pho, MD, an internal medicine physician, has written about patient satisfaction issues, says that including patients in the process also helps lessen the possibility that they will criticize you later for saying “no” to something they wanted but that you felt was not in their best interest—such as denying them pain medications that you believe are inappropriate or refusing to order tests that would cause unnecessary radiation exposure.
2. Pros & cons: Why doctors need to use social media. HEALTHeCAREERS.com.
Kevin Pho, MD, is the creator of the KevinMD.com blog, a leading destination on the Web for provocative physician commentary on breaking medical news. Pho is board-certified in internal medicine and practices primary care in Nashua, N.H. He received his medical degree and completed residency at Boston University School of Medicine. HEALTHeCAREERS asked him some pertinent questions about physicians and social media in a phone interview.
3. The intersection of health care and social media. The World Congress 8th Annual World Healthcare Innovation and Technology Congress.
A podcast with Kevin Pho, MD.
4. Doctors debate the individual mandate. The Takeaway.
We turn to doctors this morning who have very different perspectives on the individual mandate. Dr. Kevin Pho is a primary care physician in Nashua, New Hampshire, and a blogger at KevinMD.com.
5. Interview: KevinMD.com and the physician’s social media voice. FEED The Agency
Join me in this interview as Dr. Kevin Pho, MD of KevinMD.com shares his guidance on physicians using social media. Dr. Pho is regarded as the leading physician voice in social media today.