Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. A doctor’s letter to a patient with newly diagnosed cancer. Nothing in my career in medicine has prepared me for being a friend to someone with such a terrible disease.
2. 7 tips to avoid HIPAA violations in social media. There have been a couple of widely-publicized cases recently of physicians divulging patient information in social media.
3. Medicine needs a social revolution led by America’s doctors. Enjoy year-round sunshine with a month paid vacation. Earn 300k plus production bonus. No state tax! No call! Daily I’m bombarded with glossy postcards promising the good life.
4. 5 important cancer prevention updates. Most people agree — the best way to beat cancer is to prevent it.
5. Students interested in primary care must survive hazing. Every one of us who practices family medicine has had to defend our chosen profession against a myriad of antagonists.