Here are the top posts from this past week, based on the number of times they were viewed.
1. Theresa Brown unfairly blames doctors for hospital bullying. Attacking physicians so personally only serves to drive a bigger wedge between doctors and nurses, when in fact, we need to be working together to solve this issue common to both professions.
2. Doctor bashing and confronting physicians in the media. While using doctors as media punching bags strikes a populist tone and makes everyone feel better, whether it does anything to confront the systemic issues at the root of most health care problems remains in question.
3. How to use an iPad in the OR during surgery. The iPad clearly has the potential to be very useful in the hospital and in the operating theater.
4. Why the ophthalmologist and optometrist conflict should concern patients. I give the optometrists an A+ in politics. I may give them an F in being an effective advocate for patient safety and quality of care.
5. Where do we draw the line on criminalizing mistakes? Where does it stop — where do we draw the line on criminalizing mistakes?